$100,000 Playground Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. MANY WILL ENTER, ONE WILL WIN.
1. Eligibility: The $100,000 Playground Giveaway (the "Promotion") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and who are parents or legal guardians of students attending schools participating in one of the following fundraising programs: SchoolStore, Reading For Education, Spirit and Pride, and Coupons For Education. Void where prohibited. Employees, officers and representatives of Reading For Education, LLC, ASD.com, Inc., Spirit & Pride, LLC, Liberty School Services, LLC, or Coupons For Education, LLC as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Reading For Education, LLC, 180 Freedom Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins at 12:00 a.m. Central Standard Time ("CST"), July 29, 2015, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST, May 8, 2016 (the "Promotion Period").
4. How to Enter: MANY WILL ENTER, ONE WILL WIN. The Promotion is open only to parents or legal guardians of students attending schools participating in one of the following fundraising programs: SchoolStore, Reading For Education, and Spirit and Pride. Here is how to enter through each of these fundraising programs:
SchoolStore – Registration at the www.schoolstore.net web site will constitute one entry into the Promotion. Also, each deliverable email invitation entered and sent through the www.schoolstore.net web site will constitute one entry into the Promotion.
Reading For Education – By checking “Yes” on the front cover of the fundraising postcard booklet sent home with each student, one entry into the Promotion will be made. Also, each postcard completed with a deliverable name and address in the postcard booklet will constitute one entry into the Promotion.
Spirit and Pride – Registration at the www.spiritandpride.com web site will constitute one entry into the Promotion. Also, each deliverable email invitation entered and sent through the www.spiritandpride.com web site will constitute one entry into the Promotion.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address and/or the natural person assigned the identification number by Sponsor. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. ALL POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRIES ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE PROMOTION HAS CONCLUDED IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY, IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
6. Promotion Prize Selection and Verification of Potential Winners: All selected potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and all winning awards are contingent upon the fulfillment of all requirements of the Promotion. The selected potential winner will be randomly selected from all entries. The selected potential winner’s school will be contacted to verify the ability of the school to accept the playground and homeroom budget portions of the GRAND PRIZE. If the selected potential winner’s school is not able to accept the playground and homeroom budget portions of the GRAND PRIZE, another entry will be drawn. The school must verify the ability to accept the playground and homeroom budget portions of the GRAND PRIZE before the winning entry is finalized and contacted. If school cannot accept the GRAND PRIZE, another entry will be randomly selected from the remaining entrants as the selected potential winner. The selected potential winner will be notified and must supply age verification and shipping information. The selected potential winner whose school verifies its ability to accept the playground and homeroom budget portions of the GRAND PRIZE and who supplies age verification, shipping information and meets the other requirements of these Official Rules shall be the winner (the “Winner”). Winners (i.e., the Winner and the Winner’s school) will receive their prizes approximately 2-4 weeks after verification of compliance with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, with the playground installation taking longer.
7. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: The GRAND PRIZE includes three (3) awards:
(1) The first award is a $100,000 budget from Sponsor, to be awarded to the school of the student who is the child or legal guardian of the Winner, to be used exclusively for playground equipment, surfacing and installation to be managed by GameTime.
(2) The second award is $10,000 cash awarded in a single payment to the Winner.
(3) The third award is a $5,000 budget to be used by the homeroom teacher of the student who is the child or legal guardian of the Winner. Sponsor will purchase items for the classroom requested by the homeroom teacher. Sponsor retains the right to refuse the purchase of a requested item.
The ARV of the playground equipment, surfacing and installation are subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prize permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value.
Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prizes will be awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period divided by one (1), there being one GRAND PRIZE available. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $115,000.00 USD. Limit: One (1) GRAND PRIZE per participating school.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes Winner's consent to Sponsor's use of Winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the GRAND PRIZE at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant it finds to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion of Sponsor, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of applicable criminal and civil law. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Reading For Education, LLC, GameTime, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliate and related companies, and their officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Promotion or resulting, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion; provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court in Nashville, Tennessee or another court of competent jurisdiction in Nashville, Tennessee; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Tennessee, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Tennessee or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Tennessee.
13. Winners List For Prizes: A list of the winners of the prizes and/or a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the "$100,000 Playground Giveaway” Winner List/Official Rules Request, Reading For Education, 180 Freedom Ave., Murfreesboro, TN, 37129. Requests for the list of winners must be received by June 30, 2016.